NAVIGATION AND AIRFIELD CAPACITY
The V.C. Bird International Airport has one runway with an orientation of 07/25 and is supported by one parallel and three link taxiways. It is a Non Precision – Instrument runway has a simple approach lighting system. Our aerodrome reference code is 4E Aircraft with an airport category for rescue and fire fighting of 9. VCBIA currently has three NAV Aids.
The apron has a total of 13 aircraft stands including eight hydrants stands and 5 non – hydrants stands. In addition, passengers enplane and deplane via our four passenger boarding bridges and one fixed connector.
FUEL LINE FACILITIES
V. C. Bird International Airport features an underground fuel hydrant system. The fuel farm supporting this system has a two-week supply capacity for all aircraft utilizing VCBIA. They are equipped with four refuelers and serve:
• JET A1
• AV Gas 100 LL
• Our main fuel company is Rubis/SOL which has the capacity to fuel three 777’s simultaneously
With more than 40 years in the catering business, Goddard Catering Group Ltd is a leading provider for airlines, industrial and events catering in the Caribbean and Latin America. They are fully HACCP compliant and boast of 22 facilities across the region. Goddard Catering Group is fully equipped to manage up to four 777’s aircraft at one time.
VCBIA – ANU’S CHARACTERISTICS ALLOW FOR EFFICIENT OPERATIONS
• Operational 24 hours a day with no curfew
• Ideal climate in the Caribbean. No winter season, sunny all year round!
• No slots required
• Second lowest landing fees in the Caribbean
ALL ABOUT YOUR TIME!
• Passenger processing time is 20 minutes during a hectic period and 12 minutes during normal times
• Aircraft turnaround time is approximately 50 minutes
Overnight Parking Charges
Parking charge is 15% of landing charges with a minimum of USD$1.86 per night